Ciudad con futuro/A City With a Future



There is a fine line between safety and fear...

We are right at the border and the river level keeps going up. I observe this moment. I am present. To be waiting here, even if just for a minute is like waiting for Godot... Something is missing, perhaps a moment to laugh, a light word... I breathe and I hold on to my camera. Soon I will have a chance to look at this hour with serenity. City with a future is the slogan for this end of time and history that defines Piedras Negras.La línea entre la seguridad y el miedo es frágil


Estamos justo en la frontera al tiempo en que el río sube de nivel. Observo el tiempo detenido y espero. Esperar aquí, así sea un minuto,  es como esperar a Godot... Algo falta, algo falla; un motivo para reír, una frase ligera. Respiro y toco mi cámara. Cuando pase este tiempo podré volver a observar desde otra hora más serena. La ciudad con futuro es el lema de este borde de tiempo y de historia que es Piedras Negras.



Photo and text © María Dolores Bolívar

No comments:

Post a Comment